How Can Fix Hulu Error Code 301
Hulu may be a paid American based video-on-demand subscription service. People pay to activate their accounts but sometimes the incorrect Hulu activate device process can cause errors which may end in an unwanted delay in watching their favorite TV shows and films. Hulu error 301 is one among the common error occurs in Hulu device
What is Hulu error code 301?
However, quite recently, tons of reports are coming in where users are unable to observe any Video and therefore the “Error Code 301 in Hulu” shows up when trying to stream the video. For a quick of this error cause and solution, we present you with a blog which will assist you to seek out an answer.
What Causes the “Hulu Error 301”?
After receiving numerous reports from multiple users, we decided to research the difficulty and looked into the explanations thanks to which it's triggered. a number of the foremost common reasons thanks to which the error was being caused are listed below.
Cache/Cookies: Cache is stored by applications to decrease loading times and supply a far better experience. Cookies are stored by websites for an equivalent purpose. However, sometimes, cookies and cache could be corrupted thanks to which this error is triggered.
Slow Internet Connection: In some cases, the connection to the web was too slow thanks to which it timed out and therefore the error was displayed. Hulu requires a minimum of a 4 Mbps connection for the Hulu streaming service and a minimum of an 8 Mbps connection for the Hulu Live TV service.
DNS Issue: it's possible that the DNS settings for your connection haven’t been configured properly thanks to which this error is triggered. In most cases, the Network adapter configures the DNS settings automatically by detecting the simplest possible configurations. However, if the adapter is unable to work out the simplest settings they need to be entered manually and if they aren’t, connection to certain sites is prohibited.
An abundance of Devices: In some cases, if tons of devices are connected to Hulu simultaneously it can cause issues with the service. It can raise some security violations as sharing of accounts is prohibited and it can lead the service to think that you simply are distributing the service to people.
Date & Time: If the Date and Time settings for your device aren’t configured properly it also can cause issues with the streaming service and stop you from connecting or using the service.
Now that you simply have a basic understanding of the character of the matter , we'll advance towards the solutions. confirm to implement these within the specific order during which they're provided.
Solutions to Fix Hulu Error Code 301
Fix 1: Check Internet Connection and Disconnect Other Devices
The first thing to try to once you encounter any of the Hulu errors is to see the web connection and restart the pc. This fixes most of the issues. If your internet connection is stable and you'll use other internet-based services, check if there are too many devices connected to Hulu from an equivalent account.
When Hulu detects tons of devices streaming from an equivalent account they think suspicious activity like distribution of services. Hence, to eliminate the error close up all the opposite devices and use Hulu on one device.
Fix 2: Power-Cycle the Console and Network Hardware
Power-cycling is another basic troubleshooting you want to perform with all the Hulu errors. It allows the device to reinitialize and hence fix the Hulu error code 301. Here are the steps to power-cycle the console and network hardware.
- Power down the console and remove the power cord.
- Dislodge the power cord from the router.
- Press and hold the power button of the console and router simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord in the router and then the console
- Connect the console to the internet and launch Hulu
Check if the error code 301 has disappeared, if not, try other fixes.
Fix 3: Clear Cache in Mac and PC to repair Hulu Error Code 301
For Mac and PC users who access Hulu via web browsers, you would like to clear the cookies and cache from the browser. Follow the below steps to clear browsing data from Chrome. The steps are similar across any browser, so follow an equivalent principle to delete browsing data from any browser you would possibly be using. Here are the steps for the Chrome browser.
- Open the Chrome Browser and click on the 3 dots on the top-right corner
- Go to More tools and click on Clear browsing data…
- In Time range, select All time and click Clear data.
This will clear the cache and therefore the cookies from the browser. Try launching Hulu again, see if you'll access the videos.
Fix 4: Manually Set DNS Serves
Finally, if none of the above steps have worked, there could be a drag together with your automatic DNS. Hence, you've got to line it manually. Follow the below steps to line the DNS on various devices.
Manually Set DNS on PC
- Press Windows Key + I simultaneously to launch Windows Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Under Change your network settings, select Change adapter options.
- Select the network you are using and right-click
- Click on Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties
- Check to Use the following DNSerro server addresses (you can use the Google DNS servers, which are great and free – primary DNS 8888, secondary DNS 8844)
- Enter the DNS addresses and click Ok.
Set DNS for Apple TV
- Go to Settings > Network > DNS > Configure DNS > Manual
- Set the primary DNS as 184.108.40.206 and secondary DNS as 220.127.116.11
- When done, restart the Apple TV and launch Hulu, check if error 301 in Hulu still appears.
Set DNS for PlayStation 4
To set the DNS for PlayStation 4, follow the below steps:
- Open the PlayStation and head to the Main Menu and go to Settings.
- Select Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings > Custom.
- Select LAN for cable and Wi-Fi for Wireless depending on the type of connection you are using.
- Next, select Custom and change the IP Address Settings to Automatic; Do not specify for DHCP hostname; manual for DNS settings, and enter the primary and secondary DNS – 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 -; Automatic for MTU settings; and Do not use for the Proxy server.
- Save and Restart the PlayStation 4.
- Try running Hulu and check if the Hulu error code 301 still appears.
Fix 5: Set the Date and Time
Often time the error also can arise when the info and time of the system aren't configured appropriately. Set the date and time manually on the device you're using to repair the matter .
Fix 6: Reinstall Hulu App
If none of the steps have worked for you, completely removing Hulu from the device and reinstalling it again can fix the matter . This fix solves most problems with the app and therefore the device. So uninstall Hulu and reinstall it again. Connect it to your account and Hulu error code 301 must be fixed.
Read Also Here